With its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, rich history, and mouthwatering cuisine, Goa offers something for every traveller. To help you make the most of your time, we have crafted a perfect 4 days itinerary that will take you and your family on a memorable journey through the best that Goa has to offer. So, let’s dive in and explore this tropical haven!
Day 1: Discover the Charms of North Goa
1. Explore North Goa Beaches: Start your trip by visiting the popular beaches of North Goa like Calangute, Baga, and Anjuna. Enjoy water sports, relax on the sandy shores, and indulge in beachside shacks serving mouthwatering Goan cuisine.
2. Visit Fort Aguada: Head to Fort Aguada, a 17th-century Portuguese fort known for its panoramic views of the Arabian Sea. Explore the fort, climb up the lighthouse, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
3. Explore Panjim, especially Fontainhas Street: Visit the capital city of Goa, Panjim, and take a stroll through its charming streets. Explore the beautiful churches, quaint Portuguese-style houses, and enjoy shopping at the local markets like the Saturday Night Market at Arpora.
4. Book a Goa Yacht: Have the best of your family’s togetherness at a Goa Yacht, amidst the Arabian sea, rhythmic waves and a buffet serving delicious Goan cuisine. You could also consider a Goa Yacht photoshoot Trip for a memorable outing.
Day 2: Immerse Yourself in South Goa’s Tranquillity
1. Visit South Goa Beaches: Explore the beautiful beaches of South Goa, such as Palolem, Colva, and Benaulim. These beaches are known for their pristine beauty and tranquillity.
2. Adventure Sports: The youngsters in the family could engage in thrilling adventure sports like jet skiing, parasailing, or Hot air balloon rides at one of the beaches in South Goa. You may need to check for availability and make prior bookings.
3. Visit a Spice Farm, Ponda: Experience the flavours of Goa by visiting a spice farm in South Goa. Take a guided tour, learn about the local spices, and enjoy a traditional Goan meal amidst the lush green surroundings. Moreover, the locals here also offer feni tasting to their visitors, which is a locally brewed alcohol of the Goan culture.
Day 3: Nature’s Wonders and Cultural Delights
1. Visit Old Goa: Explore the historical side of Goa by visiting Old Goa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, and other beautiful churches that showcase Goa’s colonial past. Do not forget to visit the miraculous cross that never stopped growing in height!
2. Take a Bicycle ride or a long walk at Divar Island: Exploring Divar Island by bicycle is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in its beauty and experience the local culture. After visiting the Divar Island church, make your way to the Divar backwaters. These serene waterways are a sight to behold, offering breathtaking views of mangroves, coconut groves, and local fishing activity.
4. Dudhsagar Waterfalls: Embark on an exciting day trip to the Dudhsagar Waterfalls, one of the tallest waterfalls in India. Enjoy a scenic train ride or a jeep safari through the lush greenery to reach the waterfalls. Take a refreshing dip in the natural pool and marvel at the breathtaking views.
5. Visit a Wildlife Sanctuary: Goa is home to several wildlife sanctuaries. Visit the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary or the Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary to explore the rich flora and fauna of the region.
Day 4: Leisure and Reflection
1. Relax at a Beach: Spend the afternoon relaxing at a serene beach like Vagator or Morjim. Enjoy the tranquil surroundings, soak up the sun, and take a dip in the crystal-clear waters.
2. Make sure that you highlight a family photoshoot in your 4 days Goa itinerary. Reflect on the moments spent, and capture those memories under the photographic lens. Visit a Goa photographer, like Lokaso Photoshoot and let them give you a souvenir worth framing on your walls. Begin your photoshoot session early morning, to beat the heat and continue the rest of the day relaxing in solace. Click here, to know more about Family photoshoots in Goa.
3. Visit a Beach Shanty: In the evening, head to a beach shanty to enjoy live music, delicious seafood, and a laid-back atmosphere. Curl your toes in the sand, watch the sunset, and relish the Goan vibes.
For accommodation, here are some popular resorts in Goa:
- The Leela Goa, Cavelossim
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Benaulim
- Alila Diwa Goa, Majorda
- Cidade De Goa, Dona Paula
- Grand Hyatt Goa, Bambolim
Please Note: Remember to check the availability and make reservations in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons. Also, Make sure to check the opening hours of attractions and plan accordingly. Enjoy your trip to Goa!
Hope our itinerary will give you and your family the best of the times during your 4 days Goa trip. If you need help to decide on some waterfront restaurants of Goa, click here to see our suggestions!